Parkersburg Brewing Company started out as the Hebrank & Rapp Brewery in 1864, which was opened by German immigrants John Hebrank and Marcus Rapp. Hebrank and Rapp incorporated as Parkersburg Brewing Company 1889 when they outgrew their original facility on Marrtown Road. The initial beer offering consisted of Genuine Pilsner, Extra Old Lager and Club Export. At its peak, Parkersburg Brewing Company produced 60,000 barrels per year and employed 30 men year round. The beer was brewed, bottled and stored on-site. The barrels in which the beer was distributed were also manufactured on-site.
The brewery officially closed in 1912 due to the growing temperance movement and state side prohibition. Over the years the brewery building was re-purposed by a variety of businesses, such as a car dealership, cola bottling plant and a candy wholesaler just to name a few. Eventually the building was purchased by a real estate developer and subsequently demolished in June of 2004. The original site of the brewery is located next to Lou Thomas Subaru on 7th street.